Portfolio of Angie McGahey
In today’s exciting and rapidly changing digital environment, we are on the cusp of integrating AI technologies and machine learning as a new pathway to further expand personalised learner centric methodologies. There are steps that can be integrated now in preparation for these future developments, and I have positioned myself to be at the forefront of these emerging solutions within the L & D space.
As an experienced and innovative Instructional Designer and Elearning Developer, I have sound knowledge of adult learning theories and how to apply them to various learning formats. With a heavy I.T. background I am able to assist and advise on technical solutions for the L & D space.
With one-on-one training by Robbie Chui of LearningTech, I have gained advanced technical skills in Storyline 360, including gamification, branching scenarios, quizzes, interactions, accreditation, and recording the results into an LMS.
With experience as an LMS Administrator (Totara Moodle), onboarding, creating courses and course content, assessments, learning pathways, managing users and trouble shooting technical issues, advanced reporting to identify learning gaps for individuals, analysing engagement, loading SCORM files.
l can be contacted anytime on 022 608 6069 or email@example.com.
- iQualify content and activity development and creation, ensuring constructive alignment to assessments, and incorporating adult learning theories and pedagogically sound principles
- Assessment review and development, adhering to NZQA Course Descriptors
- Scenario based learning including customer stories
- Training needs analysis to identify gaps between an employee’s skills and the skills required, by analysing existing training records and reviewing materials, methods and assessments
- Totara Moodle sole charge administration
- Successful collaboration with SME’s and Tutors
- Job aid creation, training materials and resources in a variety of formats
- Writing effective copy, instructional text and customer scenarios
- Designing and developing PowerPoint slide decks
- Integration of SCORM packages onto SharePoint and LMS
- Storyline 360 advanced skills including xAPI integration
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design models (ADDIE, SAM ETC)
- Gamification modules
- Classroom to online conversion of PowerPoint slide decks
- Consultant Contact Center training modules using live customer recordings to improve customer satisfaction ratings
- Creation of html5 knowledge base
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Captivate
- Incorporation of audio/video
- Well versed in futuristic elearning technologies with the 2019 release of Adobe Captivate, to deliver immersive learning experiences in VR to allow learners to navigate near real-life situations in a risk-free environment
eLearning demo 2
Learning Gap Identified: Consultants are frequently giving incorrect advice in relation to Server licensing at L:evel 3.
Project Brief: To develop a series of practice questions using live customer recordings and multiple choice answers to choose from.
Solution Developed: Created Customer Service practice modules, identified the most frequently occurring [errors], embedded live audio recordings and used variables to create a personalised user experience. The users’ results are passed into Totara LMS where weaknesses in licensing knowledge can be further pinpointed to individuals, and face to face training sessions scheduled to target specific skills needed.
This elearning module also shows where the module sits within the competency matrix, and is responsive on all devices.
eLearning demo 3
Learning Gap Identified: Results from Level 2 accreditation showed a significant percentage of analysts are grappling with CAL licensing fundamentals. It was identified that there was a lack of training at Level 1 on this topic.
Project Brief: To develop an elearning module teaching CAL concepts at Level 1, aimed at new hires.
Solution Developed: I designed and developed an elearning module that teaches CAL concepts and provides multiple examples of when to use the relevant CAL model, via quiz style interactions (NB this has been significantly shortened due to sensitivity of material). This module was added to the competency matrix for analysts and became a critical part of the criteria for advancing to Level 2.
“Fonterra have provided excellent feedback to Frog Recruitment on the high quality of work Angela consistently produced to a very high standard”
Learning Gap Identified: Microsoft analysts at Level 2 needed face to face training on how server licensing differs between server models and editions, with the ability to practise and test their knowledge.
- To develop a series of training slides broken down into bite size pieces for each server
- convert the PowerPoint slides to Storyline module,
- create and include accreditation in the module.
Solution Developed: I wrote the content and designed and developed training session content for 12 Microsoft server product in PowerPoint for f2f training sessions,
The slides were available in hard copy as well as being pubished to Totara LMS for referencing online.
[click images to enlarge]
Development of Competency Matrix showing all training areas to be mastered, and assessments that need to be passed before advancement to the next level.
Designed and developed an online knowledge base residing in SharePoint, using html5 & JQuery, to provide quicker methods of accessing information – this replaced their current methods.
Gap Identified: Analysts weren’t always following the correct flag processes and were adjusting customers licensing information incorrectly. These screenshots show the text-based process and data flow diagram produced.
Project Brief: To develop over 300 interactive Data Flow Diagrams from word documents and convert to an interactive online knowledge base.
Solution Developed: I created all process flows in PowerPoint, then designed and developed a searchable (html5) knowledge base hosted on SharePoint. The analysts were able to search for the correct flag and follow the correct process more efficiently than sifting through word documents.
[click images to enlarge]
Project Brief: Create new storyboards detailing learning outcomes, formats, interactivity and assessment criteria etc
[click images to enlarge]
“Angela was able to tune and deliver a fantastic quality of work.… she often had some very creative and practical solutions to the way things could be improved. She has an amazing knack for bringing things together on the screen. Her ‘can do’ attitude leaves nothing to beat her.”